Saturday, November 24, 2012

Festival of Trees - 2012

I'm back!

Well, it's been a while since I have posted here.  I have been rather having an uneventful few months.  I admit that even though there's been a Rambler's hike every weekend since I came back, I haven't been going on any.


Earlier this week, I got a call to help volunteer at the local Festival of Trees.  This will be the third year that I've volunteered.  I of course volunteered again as it's for a good cause- Spirit of the North Foundation (Northern Health).  I have been hanging around home too much, so I really needed to do something.
Big Bird Tree


I volunteered as a Rover today.  I had to walk around checking the bid sheets for marks, incorrect bids, etc.  I also had to make sure that no one touched any of the trees or gifts in the displays, and that no one brought food or drinks in.

I got to spend three hours wandering around which gave me a good chance to look at the trees.
Elmo Plays the piano

Live Music
Lego Tree- My favourite of all!
 Apparently children have been working on the tree decorations and the Lego City all Summer.  What a fun job for a good cause!




I am still riding the bike, with studded tires, which make riding in Winter so much easier!  I walked to the Festival of Trees today though as its' not that far away.  I suppose that I should post more.  I have just felt so uninspired lately.  But hopefully, getting out and seeing all this beauty, makes me inspired again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...