Monday, September 23, 2013

Northern BC Summers - Raven Lake


This Summer we have been having fantastic weather!  To make the most of it, I've been out hiking on many of the Caledonia Rambler's hikes on the weekend in August.  On August , I joined the club for a hike up Raven Lake/Grizzly Den.  We were going to be hiking 17 kms.

As on previous hikes, there was a good turnout.  I am not sure if it's because the weather has been so good, or because my hard work on the Caledonia Rambler's website and the various social media has played a big part.  I am very passionate about keeping it updated, and posting lots of great photos that I have taken or others have.

Anyways, there was about 19 or so people who came out to hike that day.  It was nice to be able to wear my capris and a t-shirt.  There didn't seem to be many bugs which was also great.
Raven Lake is a great beginners hike as it is wide and switches back and forth at the steep bottom.  Before you know it, you've reached the sub-alpine.
Anemone
Instead of heading to cabin by Raven Lake, we headed up to the ridge above the lake.


Raven Lake

On top of the ridge, we stopped for a snack and took some photos.



We walked a little further and found a great spot for lunch.  During lunch, some of us broke out the bubbles.   I was going to blow them over my friend, but just as I was going to do that, he brought out HIS bubble blower!  Bubble blowing is contagious I guess.


Going down, I saw plenty of beautiful things along the way.  There is beauty as far as the eye can see, and it's hard to not stop and take photos of everything. If we did, we'd never leave the place!


Down we went and then back up.. we headed up Leprechaun.  While there, I had some fun!

Valley between Raven Lake and Leprechaun

On my way down, I stepped on a yellowjacket nest.  I got bit in four places... I screamed like heck and was pushed to keep on moving away from the danger.  Despite how much it hurt, it still was a good trip.  Luckily, I had no reaction to the bites other then the normal swelling, stinging, and itching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...