Thursday, September 5, 2013

Tour De Jasper 2013 - Day 4

We awoke to another clear day.   It was great to get such good weather, it had been a few years since it has been so nice on the ride.  Today we were headed to Jasper, our destination of the tour.  It always seems to go too fast!

Mt. Robson
I was really hoping to see all of the Mt. Robson again, the last time I saw her all was in 2010.  And the wish came true, most of the mountain all was visible!

We made sure to stop lots to enjoy the beautiful view of this crown jewel of the Canadian Rockies.

No matter how many times I ride through here, I never get bored of it!  It is the most scenic day on Tour De Jasper.  I decided to have a little bit of fun!


I got to go back to hike behind Mt. Robson again one day soon, as it's even more scenic on the other side.

Mt. Robson is celebrating it's 100th Anniversary this year

We all enjoyed some ice cream at the base of Mt. Robson.  As we were leaving, I noticed someone had left their phone behind.  I showed Nicole it and she found out who's phone it was.  The word was spread down the line, so the person knew where it was.  I am glad that I noticed it..
 
 

Getting close to Moose Lake

One of the rest stops was at Moose Lake.  It is a scenic place for a rest stop after the hot climb out of the Robson area, and it's hard to leave it!  I waited for Nicole - the trip organizer-  to catch up. She was riding this day and I was worried when she didn't catch up to me.  She had dropped something and went back for it.  She somehow hurt herself at that time.  She stopped at a road construction site for some first aid attention.  She caught up to us at Moose Lake.


I continued on with the other riders, while Nicole caught a ride.  She was able to ride more this year with all the extra help that she had on the tour.

I tried to stay behind the group so I wouldn't be riding on their tale.  As some told me they'd be stopping by a lake, I took two detours - one through a campsite, and another through a rest stop, just to make sure that no one was left behind.

I rode mostly on my own, but I did end up riding with these ladies and their grandfather.  He is the oldest person that's ridden on the tour.  Like in previous years, we rode to the campsite directly.  I didn't really feel like spending in town, but rather with good company at the group campsite.  I love riding with all the riders every year, and this year was no exception.  It was a fun group to spend my week with!  The highlight of the days (beside the ride) was sitting around the campfire them after a long day's ride.

It felt good to make it to Jasper, once again.  What a thrill!  Am I bored or done with it?  Nope, I'm already thinking of next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...