Saturday, January 12, 2013

Memories of Grand Canyon of the Fraser


Tomorrow, the Caledonia Ramblers will be doing a snowshoe trip to the Grand Canyon of the Fraser which is over 100 kms east of Prince George -.  I haven't been there for a few years.  It is always easier getting there in the Winter as there isn't much of a trail in the Summer, so it requires a lot of bushwhacking!

I've dug up some photos from a snowshoe trip that we did there in 2006.  It was a fun trip!  This area has lots of history, the steamboats used to go through here.
That's Purden Ski Hill




It's a longer snowshoe at about 12 kms return, and I always remember how exhausted I am on the last km or so.  But I am going to go out and do it again!  It's -22 celcius right now, but it's going to warm up to -10 to -7 Celsius tomorrow, which is great for snowshoeing.  -20 Celsius is my cutoff.



I wonder how frozen the Fraser River will be this year as it hasn't been that cold.

It will be interesting to compare the conditions from 2006 to now with the weather changing.... It should be a great snowshoe trip tomorrow!  Any of you go out snowshoeing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...