Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Back at it..

I am trying to post when I can on my old computer, until I get a new one.  I have a few old snowshoe posts still on draft, so I am publishing them now, even though it's Summer!

Bike Notes:

I am done with winter and have already done some hikes.  As usual, it's a toss up between riding and hiking.  I am trying to bike again to prep for this Summer's trip.  My first long one was out to North Nechako to join in on a protest ride.  The city is repaving a major road, but not adding any space for pedestrians or bikes!  In fact, the city of Prince George has NO bike funding whatsoever this year.  Wow!  Let's hope that the bike protest changed their minds.  Over 100 showed up for the ride, including children.

Here's a write up and photos from the protest ride. 

http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/news/local/bike-lane-protest-takes-to-street-1.1021461

http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/photos/urban-bike-ride-1.1021663

Bike to Work Week is coming up at the end of the month, and I can't wait.  I have already signed up a team!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...