Thursday, November 25, 2010

Festival of Trees

It's that's time of year again, the Festival of Trees has returned!
 

I volunteered on Saturday in the Children's Craft area, and I will be volunteering this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  I walked here as it was too miserable and I live only a 5 mins walk away anyways. I did venture out with my bike on Sunday so I could look for a certain bottle of wine that I was looking for (no luck finding it) and do some shopping.  I stopped by the festival to look at the trees as on Saturday, I had no time to look at them!

There's even a nice kids mountain bike to win.





I loved this piece.



Heh, I can enter to win Hiccups Dragon Christmas.






It's been snowing lots so I've been walking to work this week.  It's really not too bad as it's only a 20 min walk away and it's still green.  I gave in and bought bus tickets today for those really cold days, but I will still walk in the morning unless really cold, then I will take cab as there is no bus service when I go to work.  I am hoping it will be like last year where I can use the bike more in January, but the weather forecast says for lots of snow this winter.  I will try to ride here and there, especially for grocery shopping as it's much easier shopping that way.

I prefer the snow over cold though, even if it makes for tough biking.  It's actually quite mild now.  But Winter is most definitely here!

I can't get at my geocache 70 kms away.  I suppose that's one bad point of not having a vehicle.  I am hoping it'll stay dry.  I have a geocoin with instructions and a log book that I don't want to get wet.  I may have to dig it out with a shovel when I finally do get a way to get to it!  Oh well, I'm sure it's ok as it's in as sealed
(hopefully still) ziploc bag  in a tupperware container.

1 comment:

  1. I really should get out to see the festival of trees this year. What time do you start work? I think it is great that you try to ride or walk everywhere. You must be glad it has warmed up. Thanks for the comment on my resurrected blog.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...