Sunday, December 4, 2011

Journeys

Jo Selkirk signs her book
Yesterday I went to a friend's Book signing.  Her name is Jo Selkirk, and she's turning 100 in less then 10 days!  When she was in her 60's, she had the opportunity to travel to countries such as Afganistan, Holland, and Iraq.

She just wrote her first book and it's titled, Journeys.
  Her daughter asked if I could take photos of her for the book.  It is on the last page.  I didn't take a photo of it for the blog, but it's the same from a series that was recently published in 2 newspapers promoting the event.  I decided at the event to document the signing with photos that I will put in a photo book for her.

 It was nice to see a big crowd show up for her signing.  She really enjoyed meeting people interested in her book.
For the longest time there was a big lineup

Before the book signing, I managed to sneak in a photo with her.
Some of her fans gave her some beautiful roses.
The time went quickly and soon it was time to head home.  It was the perfect day to ride my bike to the event!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...