Friday, March 16, 2012

Scary Friday Follow-up

Today, the taxi driver who almost hit me the other day, came through work.  He asked if I had recovered from that scare, to which I replied that I had.  I asked him if he would have seen me if I was wearing a reflective vest along with all the lights that I already had on my bike.  He said that he wouldn't have as he was very tired.  In fact, he still wouldn't have seen me he said, if I had blinking lights ALL over my bike!

I'm still debating whether or not to wear one, as I do have one laying around.  I will use it when I am bike touring along the Pacific Coast when it is foggy.  I want to find a good Winter jacket that's warm and is reflective.  It will be great for riding and walking with, yet look not too bad on me.  For the other seasons I have my lime green Marmot jacket which I really like wearing as it fits so well on me.

I guess this teaches me to be really careful in the early hours as many drivers will be tired and not paying attention!  It is good that I got some feedback though.  I don't know what can be done so that people aren't driving when they are so tired.

Image: graur codrin / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...