Monday, June 4, 2012

Bike to Work Week- The Celebration Stations

Last week was Bike to Work Week in BC.  This was the 4th year that it was held in my town and I again participated!  I love celebrating riding my bicycle even though I bike almost 365 days a year.

This year was the first time since it first started that I've been able to make it to a Celebration Station.  As I am a team leader I received a really bright t-shirt.  I also picked up a free water bottle.  I came a  bit early before it opened in the afternoon, so I helped out with putting up a sign advertising the particular celebration station.
This was Baxter's first Bike to Work Week
This station was held at McMillian Creek, where we rode by during our Critical Mass.  There was other free stuff such as hats, coffee and timbits.  They also give out helmets to anyone who doesn't have one.  I think giving out lights would be another great idea.





I did actually make it to another Station, one at the Farmer's Market this past Saturday.  I received a gift certificate that could be used at the market, so I hardly spent anything there that day!  I think that it's a great incentive to get people on their bikes.

Thank goes out to Laura for organizing the event, you did a great job!  She has posted up photos of local riders that participated in last week's Bike to Work Week, just click here to go to the Bike to Work Flickr page.

Love the bright shirt!

Riding heading towards the McMillian Park Celebration Station
I hope to see more riders out next year, come join us, it is so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...