Sunday, March 20, 2011

Finally Fenders

For my Winter Beater bike, that is.  I finally got around to getting some and putting them on.  Even though I can use my Rocky Mountain now, I find it useful using the beater bike in the morning when there is still frozen ice on the ground.  The fat knobby tires seem better to handle it then my skinny commuter tires.  I also don't think that we are snowstorm free yet, there is always the possibility until May.  And I'd much rather use this bike in the sloppy mushy dirty snow then my good bike, at least until all the snow is gone.  So it's the best of both worlds, use both as needed for now.

These fenders are better then the ones that I have on the Rocky Mountain as these have mudflaps, which will be great for those sloppy days.   Yeh, no more wet and dirty spray!  The bike has been ok to me, I've done adjustments here and there which is good training for me, as I have no problem playing around with this bike...

1 comment:

  1. Fenders also mean "And not so much messy laundry to do either!"

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...