Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tour De Jasper 2012 - Day 1

Squirrel has fun helping out.
 
I was so happy when the first day  of Tour De Jasper arrived!  I couldn't wait to meet all the new riders for this trip. There were also a few that I know from previous trips and also from the Caledonia Ramblers Hiking Club.  I had so much fun helping out last year that I decided to volunteer as a sweep again.

2012 Tour De Jasper Group
We met at the Via Rail station at 8:30am.  There were 14 participants in this year's group. 
Tour Organizer, Nicole, briefed us about the day and photos were taken of the group.  Then we were off!
 
 It was a hot ride that day but I found using a special bandana with materal inside it that keeps you cool helped.  You just soak it for 30 minutes in water and it's good to go for 2 days.  I got it for my birthday. A couple other riders had the same thing!

 The trip started off  smoothly, or so it seemed at first.  Just up the hill, a person had his chain keep on falling off.  It turns out that his bike had a bad hub on back wheel, the bike shop he had took it to did not notice it.  Mark, the tour mechanic, took the bike to town and brought back a new wheel!  What service!

Time for some beer!
Despite being at the end, I made it to Purden Lake, which was the first day's destination, in good time.  I had lots of free time to spend my Birthday at Purden Lake.  I even went for a swim as it was that hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...