Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cold and Frosty Snowshoe

We had to break trail today which is hard work!
We had a good snowshoe today, despite colder weather.  I was a bit hesitant to even go out today, but since I chose to be the 'leader' I didn't have a choice. Half the adventure was just getting to starting point and finding a place to park.  We were originally going to snowshoe North of the city, but the road conditions were not good, so it wasn't a good idea to go too far away from the city.  We ended up by UNBC.

Melanie
There were 7 of us who came which isn't too bad a turnout on such a cold day.  We snowshoed for 3 1/2 hours.  I was getting frozen feet, so we didn't end up taking the scenic route.  I was worried about frost bite, but I found after being the person for a while breaking trail in the deep snow, that my toes started thawing out.  But I guess it's better to be safe then sorry!  We still had a nice day and there were others out there too enjoying the fresh snow.  I tell you if you need to have serious weight loss, snowshoeing would do the trick as you use an unbelievable amount of energy snowshoeing, especially when breaking trail.

So much snow has fallen that I think that I will walk to work tomorrow. The main road and sidewalks may be clear, but if more falls tonight, it might not.  As we were driving to the snowshoe trail, the roads were deep in snow....too deep for bikes I think.  I am lucky to live close enough to work to be able to walk to it.  And it's warmed up now too.

This Photo courtesy of Nowell S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...