Monday, January 30, 2012

Connaught Hill


I didn't go snowshoeing on Sunday as it was going to be too warm (6 C) and the snow would be very sticky!  What a shame, as otherwise, it was a beautiful day!  As I got a new camera yesterday and I hate sitting around the house all day, I decided to take a walk to Connaught Hill. It's been a while since I have been there.

I could have biked it but walked instead as the snow was deep and not plowed yet

No cars allowed on Hill during Winter

Once on the top, the view was fantastic!



I wasn't alone




Met my namesake
He has quite the Winter stockpile
I guess I could have ridden up the hill, like those in Whithorse who snow-bike - http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/story/2012/01/21/north-whitehorse-snow-biking.html.  But, at the same time, walking up the hill was very nice on a Sunny day like yesterday.  Roads are bare today, so I was back on my bike to work.  The snow is melting fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...