Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Biking Safety

I had a close call today on my bike.  Someone decided that they weren't going to be waiting at a red light and so gunned on the gas and took off.  I was halfway across intersection going at a slow speed, so I was able to stop immediately.  Despite this situation, I still love biking!  You just got to watch the traffic carefully to try to avoid being hit.

Let's Go Ride a Bike blog has an excellent article on Bicycle safety, go check it out at Let's Go Ride a Bike- Getting Serious About Bicycling Safety

I have almost have 2500 kms on my bike now, so I think I've done almost 500 kms since January, which is pretty good since that's Winter here and we usually get lots of snow.  Not this year.

2 comments:

  1. YIKES! To the motorist: Share the road, cager!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an AirZound bike air horn on my bike, you can buy them online from MEC. It is louder than a car horn, so it gets attention if needed. I also just purchased an electric bike horn (even louder than the AirZound!) so I'm trying that out for a while now since it doesn't need to be pumped up with air to work. I use it very sparingly, only in cases where someone might not be seeing me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...