Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Ancient Forest - Part II

Above:  A Stream Violet

There was not all work and no play this past weekend.  I had time in the evening to wonder around the trail with my camera.  It is such a beautiful and peaceful place to take photographs.  I like the waterfall, very tropical like.

Above:  Rosy Twiststalk (?)  Definitely a type of Twiststalk.
Below:  A maturing Bracken Fiddlehead (not safe to eat)

Below:  Treebeard Falls
Above: Skunk Cabbage
Below:  Camp....my brand new tent is on the right, perfect for backpacking AND bike touring!


Above:  Beautiful Mountain sunset.  I love camping in the Mountains!  We will be biking out this way when I do Tour De Jasper this Summer.

And now for "bike connection".  Nowell, who maintains the Ancient Forest site- ie comments, donations,  found this card in the comments box and gave it to me as he thought I'd be interested in it as I like bicycling.  :)

Somebody who is biking Canada...His blog is at www.tiredofit.ca

As I was biking around town yesterday, I met two bicycle tourers from Europe, and they were headed East.  I told them not to miss the Ancient Forest!  I hope they enjoy it...

Here's a slideshow that I created for a recent Ancient Forest Fundraiser- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7F9KFBGzY4

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...