Saturday, May 5, 2012

Busting trails Geocaching


When Peter asked if I wanted to do some Geocaching today, how could I resist?  Especially when we would be geocaching with bicycles again.  They are so meant for each other.

This time Laura joined us, so there was four of us out today. It was still a bit cool outside, but the riding was good.  We met at Peter's place and took off from there.  We did some caching around town before heading out on Otway Road.

Are we having fun?
Otway Road is narrow but the traffic isn't too bad, so it's ok for riding.  This is a popular training ride.



Soon we arrive at Otway.  Here you can ski and snowshoe in the Winter and Mountain Bike and walk in the Summer. It will be used for the 2015 Canada Winter Games. It was still pretty muddy, so in some sections we walked the bicycles.

I swear that my bike's wearing a happy face today

We did some decent riding on the trails.  It felt good to ride on them with a proper Mountain Bicycle!  Not that I don't love Big Red, but this day was meant for Baxter to enjoy..  We found quite a few caches.  But not all, so we will have to return.  Thanks for a fun day Peter and Melanie!  Tomorrow, I hike at Piderny, which is just across the river from Otway.

2 comments:

  1. Funny, I just learned what geocaching is recently from a new friend. Geocaching by bike sounds like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lot of fun, especially in a group. I've had a few more people interested in joining us.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...