Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Changes of scenery.

After spending a night at the KOAc campsite, we headed out early to eat breakfast in Eureka.  We ate at the Chalet.  Afterwards, Douglas had a flat!  So he changed it.  (Tom is the other guy)We took a look at te old part of town with all it's old buildings.

We started riding again.  It wa a long hilly way out of the city.  Going up a hill, we met up with a group of riders with support.  They too, were heading to San Francisco.  They were amazed at our strength carrying all the gear.

I felt like I had more energy then the day before.  Every day is not always so easy.

We stopped in Scotia for lunch.  We had food from a market.

We then rode on and turned off to ride on the Avenue of the Giants.  What an amazing ride!  And btecother guy)ecause we left Eureka so early, we could ride slow and enjoy it!

We made it to the campsite in good time, and it gave me a chance to dry and air my things out.  I met up with a coup.e with a cute mini homebuilt trailer whom I also saw at Elk Prairie campsite.

We had a good rest under the Redwoods.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...